DO YOU NEED A VISA?
TYPES OF ARMENIAN VISAS
Visitor visa – A visitor visa is issued when a foreigner intends to enter the Republic of Armenia for the purposes of tourism, visiting relatives or other persons, business, transportation and other professional interest, medical treatment or other short-term stay. Visitor visa is issued for a single entry or for multiple entries with validity of one year.
Official visa – for holders of Official or Service Passports
- multiple entries visas for non-diplomatic employees of foreign diplomatic representations or international organizations and their families with validity of 3 years
- single entry visa or multiple entries visa with validity of 1 year for foreign officials who arrive in Armenia upon invitation of Armenian authorities or foreign diplomatic representations or international organizations
- single entry visa or multiple entries visa with validity of 1 year for members of official delegations holding ordinary passports
Diplomatic visa – for holders of diplomatic passports and for the persons with diplomatic status
- multiple entries visas for employees of foreign diplomatic representations or international organizations and their families with validity of 3 years
- single entry visa or multiple entries visa with validity of 1 year for members of official delegations, their families as well as other officials
- single entry visa for 120 days if arriving to Armenia for non-official purposes
Transit visa – single entry visa or multiple entries visa with validity of 1 year with stay in Armenia for no more than 3 days and with possibility to extend maximum for 4 days
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia issues and extends Official and Diplomatic visas, as well as issues e-visas. Visitor and Transit visas are issued and extended by the Passport and Visa Department of the Police of Armenia.
Armenian visas are issued for maximum of 120 days with the possibility to extend for another 60 days if no other term is defined by international agreements of the Republic of Armenia.
You can see the list of countries, citizens of which can obtain Armenian visa only upon invitation and only at the diplomatic representations of consular offices of the Republic of Armenia here.
Armenian nationals who are citizens of those countries can obtain Armenian visa without invitation and upon arrival.
Invitations can be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by
a) juridical persons registered in Armenia
b) authorities of Armenia and diplomatic representations or international organizations or their representatives (physical persons submit invitation to the Passport and Visa Department of the Police)
Arrival to Armenia
Foreigners enter the territory of the Republic of Armenian through border-control points. For entry a foreigner must have valid passport, entry visa or a document of residency status unless Armenian laws or international agreements define no other procedure.
Minor foreigners may enter Armenia accompanied by parents, a parent or any other legal representative or if one arrives to his parents, a parent, other legal representative or an receiving organization.
If a foreigner arrives to Armenia without any valid identity document or visa or if he gets refusal to obtain Armenian visa he cannot enter the territory of the Republic of Armenia and must be returned to his country of origin or to the country he arrived to Armenia from unless the aim of arrival is to apply for asylum or refugee status.
Departure from Armenia
Foreigners can leave Armenia upon valid passport and a document validating their prior stay in Armenia if laws or international agreements of Armenia define no other term.
Transiting through Armenia
If a foreigner is transiting through Armenia he must present tickets to a third country or a visa to a third country and can stay on the territory of Armenia for no more than 72 hours except in cases of emergency.
Foreigners transiting Armenia by land can obtain transit visas without tickets or visas of a third country.
A foreigner can stay in the Transit Zone for no more than 48 hours if not going to enter Armenia, except in cases of emergency.
CLICK HERE to apply for the visa